Question Dell latitude slow charging + other issue

Jan 17, 2021
so i got e5570 second hand.
This battery is weird.
it charges normally up to somewhere 28 percent then it just stalls, and charges where slowly from there.
like it takes 6-7 hour until 100%.
battery drain estimates of win 10 is also acting weird. Sometimes it says 4 hours then it drops to 2 hours.
Can i somehow force this laptop to charge fast, like normally?
voltage is fine. up to 8v
wear level 30%
10 000 - 20 000 mW charge rate. but the actual capacity goes up by 20s and 10s like - 40637 mW to 40652 mW and so on.
Device - Dell 7v69y53 original e5570 battery

Jan 17, 2021
Please remove the AC adapter and battery of your computer. Press and hold the power button of your computer for 10-15 seconds to drain the residual power. ... Then insert the battery and charge it overnight with the system powered off. Then power on the computer and see if it works.

did that, didn't hold charge properly. I guess it is time to replace the battery.

lan1991008

Prominent
Mar 9, 2019
Most of the problems in your situation are battery problems, but the power adapter is not ruled out. You can try another power adapter. If it still doesn’t work, you should choose to replace the battery.

TBKR

Great
Nov 30, 2020
Battery ageing is a common issue. Is your battery old??? If so, it would charge slowly, drain quickly and show wrong readings about the time duration of the battery life.

did that, didn't hold charge properly. I guess it is time to replace the battery.

The Dell batteries from the time of your laptop are very bad, we have had many fail while still a year or less old, and replacements fail in a year or less again. My many, I mean about 100 over several generations of the laptops from xx50 to xx90. One model has had a pretty much 100% battery failure rate ranging from months to a year or two.