Dell Mini

Zoider

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
Hello,

I'm considering buying my daughter a laptop for her birthday. She's young so I was looking into buying a netbook, considering the Dell Mini.

The only concern I have is that the screen resolution (1366x768) is to small for typical use. ie, flash games and youtube.

Does anyone have experience with screen resolutions this small, in this day and age?

Solution
Considering that many laptops use that "small" resolution, there should be no issues. The immensely popular iPad 2's resolution is only 1024 x 768. Yeah, people are hoping that the next iPad will be 1080p, but there are dreams and desires, and then there's reality.

If you want to give your daughter a 1920x1080 laptop, then they are easily over $1,000. But many grown men and women use lower resolution displays in their laptops.
Considering that many laptops use that "small" resolution, there should be no issues. The immensely popular iPad 2's resolution is only 1024 x 768. Yeah, people are hoping that the next iPad will be 1080p, but there are dreams and desires, and then there's reality.

If you want to give your daughter a 1920x1080 laptop, then they are easily over $1,000. But many grown men and women use lower resolution displays in their laptops.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS