dell sold a old laptop as a new laptop need help regarding files and windows logs before date of purchase

Feb 13, 2018
i bought a dell laptop on 29 jan 2018, while i was using it for the first day i opened c drive and saw that there is a tmp named folder which was modified on 26 jan 2018 meaning before date of purchased but how is that possible if the laptop is opened on 29 jan for the first ever time. also there are many windows logs from windows event viewer which show 26 jan 2018 (more than 100 logs) so i just need to know if the laptop ws opened before i purchased it because i found some scratches as well on the sides and front of the laptop below are the links of the folder and logs images
https://ibb.co/cToVfn
https://ibb.co/jrS1mS

Solution
You could take a photograph of those scratches and upload it with the earlier two and send the links to Dell as an e-mail attachment. Include the retailer's name because it's possible he didn't buy it from Dell. I can't see how it could have left the factory in that state so the retailer is asking for trouble from Dell if he doesn't do a deal with you.

The machine might be stolen property for all you would know and only the original owner's data was cleaned out, leaving plenty of evidence of prior use.

It would be worth suggesting that to the retailer and he might find you an unused replacement laptop.
Take it back to the store because it's possible they used it as a demonstrator for customers to get the feel of it. That happens a lot in the UK and probably elsewhere too.

I've also worked on machines where Windows was installed a a year earlier but unused since.

Feb 13, 2018

thank you sir for replying
the store dealer is not ready to accept, he says it came as it is from the company and i sold it so talk to the company. i already made a complaint about this to dell and they are asking for the images of the files and logs so i just want to know if its safe to send them the evidence of the old folders and logs as images ? and also there are many scratches on the laptop along with side ventillation grid not properly settled.

You could take a photograph of those scratches and upload it with the earlier two and send the links to Dell as an e-mail attachment. Include the retailer's name because it's possible he didn't buy it from Dell. I can't see how it could have left the factory in that state so the retailer is asking for trouble from Dell if he doesn't do a deal with you.

The machine might be stolen property for all you would know and only the original owner's data was cleaned out, leaving plenty of evidence of prior use.

It would be worth suggesting that to the retailer and he might find you an unused replacement laptop.

Solution