dell studio 1535 Black screen

Helen 95

Estimable
Nov 9, 2015
Black screen. I have a dell studio 1535. when i turn on the laptop the screen is black but I can hear it starting up windows and all sounds I just can't see anything. What is the problem??? It is 7\8 years old.

Hi,

It can be a bad display for starters. Connect an external display and see if you'll get any display from it because if you do that means it's the built in display that has a problem. If these doesn't work do try some of these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Do a hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Plug just the AC adapter then power the laptop.
- Next is to reseat the RAM's, take them all off for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are seated properly.
- Also do test another AC adapter it maybe an issue with it as well.
- If all these doesn't work it's a problem with the motherboard.

Helen 95

Estimable
Nov 9, 2015
Thanks I will try this. One more thing, the last time i had used the computer a message came up saying " display drive has stopped working and has now recovered' . One guy told me it's the hard drive and he can replace it for me and it should then be fine...is this possible?