Dell Venue Pro 11 or Asus T100 for Lightroom

foosion

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
I'm trying to decide between the Dell Venue Pro 11 and the Asus T100, mainly to run Lightroom while traveling. In particular, I'd like to know how the screens compare in practice. I'm familiar with the specs of both models. I'm looking at the 64gb Atom versions of each.

The Dell screen has better specs, but it's not clear how much of a difference this actually makes. No store near me has either model in stock.

The Dell has a larger screen, 10.8" v 10.1", but is about half a pound heavier.

The Dell has a higher resolution, 1920x1080 v. 1366x768. I'm not sure how much difference this would make in practice on these screen sizes. I worry that a higher resolution could mean smaller text and controls, making it harder to operate, especially LR's sliders on a touch screen.

The T100 seems less bright, although it's not clear how much difference this would make indoors.

Anandtech has criticized the color calibration on the T100 and says that reflections can be an issue. http://www.anandtech.com/show/7428/asus-transformer-book-t100-review/3 I haven't seen a similarly detailed review of the Dell screen.

Any information on how the two displays compare in practice would be appreciated.

foosion

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013

foosion

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
That's not the Atom processor version of the Dell, it's the much more expensive i5 version.

I asked for people's experiences with the two screens. I specifically said I'm familiar with the specs.