Dell Venue Pro 8 USB port connection?

phuz

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013
Just received my new Dell Venue Pro 8 today. (32-bit windows 8.1)
It has the one Micro-USB port. To attempt to use my usb mouse, I took an existing micro-usb cable, and spliced the red, green, white, and black wires to a USB female cable. When I plug in the mouse, nothing happens, and further, I would expect to see 5vdc across the red and black wires, but there is nothing.

The tablet charges through the same micro-usb port and it charges fine.
I went into device manager and unchecked the boxes allowing windows to turn off the USB hub to conserve power. Still nothing.

Any ideas?

Solution
Hello,

Did you try an OTG cable with a micro USB Female charging HUB ? (like this one http://dx.com/p/micro-usb-male-to-2-port-usb-2-0-female-1-micro-usb-male-charging-hub-black-243246#.Uw5aOvl5Oxl)
With this cable you may at the same time connect the power supply and any USB device to the Dell Venue Pro 8.

My only question is,with this configuration, does the power supply charge the Dell Venue Pro 8 battery or just give energy to the USB device ?

polivier

Estimable
Feb 26, 2014
Hello,

Did you try an OTG cable with a micro USB Female charging HUB ? (like this one http://dx.com/p/micro-usb-male-to-2-port-usb-2-0-female-1-micro-usb-male-charging-hub-black-243246#.Uw5aOvl5Oxl)
With this cable you may at the same time connect the power supply and any USB device to the Dell Venue Pro 8.

My only question is,with this configuration, does the power supply charge the Dell Venue Pro 8 battery or just give energy to the USB device ?

Solution

Jim Kakousian

Estimable
Mar 12, 2014
I have bought the HUB you refer to from the same supplier. the charging won't work, but you now can connect to USB drive to your dell venue. can't say if this is software related or my HUB is faulty

Jim Kakousian

Estimable
Mar 12, 2014
I have bought the HUB you refer to from the same supplier. the charging won't work, but you now can connect to USB drive to your dell venue. can't say if this is software related or my HUB is faulty