Question Dell Vostro 15 7000 vs Latitude 3510

ali.mkhm

Prominent
May 1, 2019
Hi all, I am going to purchase a new laptop and need your opinion on this to help me decide.

My work will be mainly software development, compiling and running software, mainly .NET, html, javascript, Angular and etc, server and client, i.e. back end and front end development. And running some local SQL servers as well.

I am down to Latitude 3510, CPU i7-10510U (4 core 8 threads), and Vostro 15 7000 CPU (6 cores 12 threads).

All other specs are almost the same, 512GB SSD same class, 16GB DDR4 Ram, just the Vostro has NVidia as well, Latitude has integrated. That's not an issue because there would be no gaming and no video editing and probably no watching movies as well.

The tricky part is that (I've heard and never owned a dell) Latitude is business class, robust and durable, and Vostro is a variation of Inspiron which is a normal consumer class; but in this case with a higher number of cores.

Would I really need that? Does it really make any significant difference for me?

https://www.dell.com/en-nz/work/shop/business-laptop-notebook-computers/latitude-3510-laptop/spd/latitude-15-3510-laptop/on3510l01nz

https://www.dell.com/en-nz/work/shop/business-laptop-notebook-computers/vostro-15-7000-laptop/spd/vostro-15-7500-laptop/c9wnv7500c05nz

Any opinion is appreciated.

Thanks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MS-08th Laptop General Discussion 2
Derabata9 Laptop General Discussion 1
C Laptop General Discussion 1
V Laptop General Discussion 5
A Laptop General Discussion 1
amitk97 Laptop General Discussion 2
G Laptop General Discussion 1
O Laptop General Discussion 2
S Laptop General Discussion 2