Solved! Dell Vostro blue Fn keys don't work under Linux

Jun 18, 2020
I installed MXLinux on a Vostro A860. Everything works fine including Internet via Ethernet cable. But no wi-fi. Linux reports that there is a hardware switch off, and on this machine the only hardware switch for wi-fi is Fn F11. That, along with some other blue Fn keys won't work. I tried Linux Mint and the same thing happened. Windows is not an option. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Solution
Thanks, Saga. Real long story short: Tonight I installed Ubuntu 20 and everything works including wi-fi. Not going to try to figure it all out; just be thankful.
Jun 18, 2020
Sorry; I'm not sure I understand exactly. If I hold down the Fn key, most of the keys that have a blue second task work, such as the volume, brightness, and external monitor control. The one with a crescent moon symbol (F1), battery symbol (F2), wi-fi (F11), and some others don't do anything with the Fn key held down. In Libre Office Writer, the 7, 8, 9, U, I O, J, K, L, an M keys are supposed to act as a 10-key pad when the Fn key is held down. Instead, they do weird stuff like go to start of line, go to end of line, and obliterate the entire contents of the screen.

Jun 18, 2020
Thanks, Saga. Real long story short: Tonight I installed Ubuntu 20 and everything works including wi-fi. Not going to try to figure it all out; just be thankful.

Solution