Review Dell XPS 13 (2020, 11th Gen) review

Jan 1, 2021
Just received my custom XPS 13 yesterday, 9310, 11th gen i5 16gb 512gb 1900x1200, screen is sharp fast responsive laptop, premium feel.
I chose this config due to wanting a 2 in 1 and long battery life
Power wise I looked at the real life tests between 11th gen i5 and i7 and I see that there is little difference. i5 saves some money and gives great performance

Apr 3, 2021
I've returned mine after a very poor experience with battery life and build quality. I wanted a 16Gb 1Tb storage XPS13, and could only get the UHD in that combo (AU). Advertised battery life was "8 hours and 12 minutes"n(with the obligatory asterisk). My experience was battery life was 4-5hrs using acrobat docs, chrome (last 25% of battery the machine defaults to power save settings so no cloud access, etc). Exact stats were "Battery life estimates based on observed drains since OS install... [At Full Charge] 4:32:42... [at design capacity]... 4:53:28". This was between 12/6 and 2/2.

During this time the machine also froze during a "highly recommended" BIOS update and couldn't be recovered. It eventually needed its motherboard to be replaced. Then, Bluetooth disappeared and was not recognized (even in BIOS) and USB access became intermittent.

Ultimately was really disappointed. To Dell's credit, they did provide a refund past the usual 14 day period, but getting that was also a battle. This may be just one person's experience, but battery life issues seem common (just google, "Dell XPS13 9310 battery life"). In general, I like Dell (still use their Ultrasharp monitors) but can't recommend this particular combo - it certainly didn't fit my requirements.