Dell XPS 13 9370 wifi dropping only on home wifi

nicoleen7

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016
Hello,

I have a relatively new (2 month old) xps 13 9370 and it has been having an issue with the wifi at home where it will randomly lose connection and then reconnect itself after about 10 seconds. It only happens on this machine and only happens on my home wifi. I have roommates with other devices which this does not occur with and also does not occur on my phone or PC which is connected through ethernet. Previously, my wifi speed was being limited but not dropping, so I did a full reinstall of the Killer drivers for the network card. This solved the speed limit, but gave rise to this new issue of dropping.

Thanks for your help

Solution
Sounds like your device may be more sensitive to the connections issues and when the WiFi/Internet goes out, yours is the one that is noticing it right away. It happens.

I would try rebooting the modem/router (just turn it off and back on) and then I would monitor the internet connection to see if it drops when you have this issue. It would surprise me if it wasn't.
Sounds like your device may be more sensitive to the connections issues and when the WiFi/Internet goes out, yours is the one that is noticing it right away. It happens.

I would try rebooting the modem/router (just turn it off and back on) and then I would monitor the internet connection to see if it drops when you have this issue. It would surprise me if it wasn't.

Solution