Dell XPS 15 L501x Screen Issue

bshraja05

Estimable
Jan 19, 2016
I am facing weird issue with XPS 15 L501X screen. It displays windows image for 10-15 seconds and suddenly flickers and goes off(LED lights still on). Laptop screen display has lights but no image. I bought new laptop screen but same situation. I am little confused between cable problem or screen or Video chip problem.
Observations posted is completely on external TV. Here below complete illustration.
We have 4 option in laptop.
1. Disconnect Projector (Computer Only) - Laptop shows nothing. screen has lights but no windows image. External TV shows nothing as expected.
2. Duplicate - Laptop screen shows 10-15 seconds when laptop started. then goes off. External TV shows low graphic/distorted/broken image display.
3. Extend - Laptop shows nothing. External TV is clear and perfect windows image.
4. Projector only - Laptop shows nothing as expected. External TV is perfect.
Please advice.

Hi,

When you replaced the LCD display of your laptop did it came with a new set of ribbon cables as well that you connect to the motherboard? If it did, was it used together with the new LCD display?
- Do try to uninstall/reinstall the graphics card driver of your laptop that may also do the trick.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics card driver.
- Do the same in Programs and Features, uninstall anything related to your graphics card.
- Download and install the latest graphics card driver from the manufacturers site.
- Once installed reboot your laptop and see if the same problem will persist.