Dell xps 15, L502X. Caps Lock Problem

teabubblez

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
Hey, a couple days ago this randomly started happening:

Whenever I'm pressing caps lock, the current window decides to flash. Also when you are in login windows/save windows (e.g.: ms word), when setting the save file name, it highlights the entire text.

I already tried the settings in the "ease of access center" No luck

If anyone has any ideas thanks!

Marsha32570

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
Hey, Teabubblez, are you still having the cap lock problem? Looks like there were not very many "answers" posted so either that fixed it or no one else has anything to offer.
This sounds like it may not even be a software problem to me so the software fix approach may not be anything more than an attempt to sell something. If you backup your data regularly, you could try doing a factory reload. If it is a software problem, this would fix it and you buy nothing. On the other hand, if the problem is still there, then you know that you likely need a new kb (compromised matrix) and you can get that on ebay. Good Luck.

atlucas

Honorable
May 14, 2013
I don't have a solution, but I have the same problem. My capslock likes to change windows, as if it's doing a ctrl+tab or alt+tab function. It's a bit of a pain. Sorry no answer, just bumping the thread really.