Dell XPS15 or hp spectre x360 limited edition??

Dom___

Estimable
Nov 28, 2015
Hi guys and gals,

Title says it all really. Just got a new job so have a decent amount of money and want a really nice ultrabook for work and leisure uses. Will be using excel a lot at work and want the computer to be powerful enough to run games like world of warships and war thunder comfortably - not after fallout4 performance levels.

Have my eye on both the new Dell xps15 with infinity display as that thing is gorgeous and a solid performer by the looks of things. Also like the look of the spectre 360 limited as the black and copper are also real nice to look at and again I have read good reviews. I know they are different screen sizes and about 500-600 different in price but I would happily spend more on the Dell if the performance/price ratio was higher than the hp. I would like to get three good years out of whichever one I buy.

Any opinions on this matter are greatly appreciated,

Cheers!

tangch00

Estimable
Dec 3, 2015
The main advantage of the Spectre is that it can be rotated to any angle, something not possible with the XPS. If that's something you might need, then you better go for Spectre.

I played around with the Spectre at the shop and I found that it became quite warm at the bottom. However the fan noise is not noticeable. I'm not too sure about the XPS in this regard.

Just my two cents.