Dells policy for limited warranty RTD

Bobsleder

Estimable
Dec 13, 2015
So basically my question is what does dell do if the computers parts fried and as a result damaged the rest of the computer making it repairable? Do they just send it back or replace it or what?

Solution
I would think it will depend on how old the computer is, and what the actual cause of the overheating/malfunction/damage is.

If it is still under warranty they should. However if the problem is due to outside influence (spilled liquid, addition of other components that lead to the problem, etc.,) then they may charge for it, warranty or not.

azaran

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
Generally Dell will replace out the parts if they're found to be damaged in a way that falls under the warranty. This includes a great many things, but usually does not include dropping or water damage unless you have Pro Plus support. If you send in the whole system, they're run diagnostics, see what tests as bad, and swap out the parts with refurbished parts. They'll also possibly wipe the system back to factory default so make sure you back up any of your data before sending it in.

Bobsleder

Estimable
Dec 13, 2015

Ok but if like one of their parts overheated because of a malfunction and fried my computer, will they replace it, or what

I would think it will depend on how old the computer is, and what the actual cause of the overheating/malfunction/damage is.

If it is still under warranty they should. However if the problem is due to outside influence (spilled liquid, addition of other components that lead to the problem, etc.,) then they may charge for it, warranty or not.

Solution