Delta Accused of Hacking Passenger's PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0r3f1ght3r

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
I hope she gets her moneys worth, these corporate clowns need to piss off... no one cares about the ppl anymore... and to think I was about to fly with delta earlier this week...

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
"filed in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas"

Would like to know where Hanni is based. If it's not Texas, I call shenanigans and tell her to stop using AOL in the first place. Get a real provider.

gorehound

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
something does need to be done with these airline companies stranding you for hours and giving nothing back in return.i have been stuck in planes and it is BS to force us to stay on a plane for hours.
frak you bigwig air companies you do not care about people enough.

liquid0h

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
[citation][nom]Kelavarus[/nom]"filed in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas"Would like to know where Hanni is based. If it's not Texas, I call shenanigans and tell her to stop using AOL in the first place. Get a real provider.[/citation]

Couldn't find where she's based, but many things are pointing that she does live in Texas. Looks like this all stemmed from a bad flight she had with Delta back in the 90's when her and her family were stranded for 9 hours without food and water along with other passengers.

She had a good movement going to get something passed with John McCain backing a bill, but then aviation lobbying knocked it off it's tracks and that's about it.

Here's a copy of the complaint filed in Texas: http://www.scribd.com/doc/20998899/Plaintiffs-Original-Complaint-Hanni-2

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Mmm.."customer service" would be a nice thing to see eventually. On another note - Tom's should find a new picture to paste into evvverrrryyyy hacking story, it's getting a little old.

AMDnoob

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
Playing devil's advocate... so we're all saying that something should be done about airlines and being stranded on the tarmac. But if this bill is passed, and it ends up costing our cash strapped airlines 40 mill in rev, how the H*$& do we expect our airlines to PROGRESS in passenger comfort, safety, etc. While I realize that most airlines wouldn't have used that 40 mill towards positive passenger experience, taking that away from them is only giving them more reason to charge more for bags, food, tickets, and services. So... yeah.

njalterio

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
[citation][nom]gorehound[/nom]something does need to be done with these airline companies stranding you for hours and giving nothing back in return.i have been stuck in planes and it is BS to force us to stay on a plane for hours.frak you bigwig air companies you do not care about people enough.[/citation]

You criticize and yet you know nothing. Would you rather the airlines rush through their pre-flight checks? Or if the conditions are unsafe for take-off they should take-off anyways? Or maybe the airplane should take-off anyways even if another airplane is trying to land on the same runway? Your right, the big wigs don't care about anyone....just their lives and safety.
Think for a second before you open your mouth.

mrmez

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
What i find most disgusting is that someone has to lobby congress to "FORCE airlines to provide food, water, and access to restrooms and clean air during 'long tarmac delays.'"

Fk me sideways. Id think providing people with food and water should NOT be an option in todays society. These are the most basic requirements for human survival and should not be optional.

geoffs

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
According to Wired, Hanni learned from America Online that her organization's AOL e-mail accounts--which included spreadsheets, lists of donors, and other sensitive data--were being directed to an unspecified location.
If the files were going to an unspecified location, how does she know it was Delta? Sounds like she just got infected with some form of malware and she's trying to use that to sue Delta.

darkknight22

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
[citation][nom]njalterio[/nom]You criticize and yet you know nothing. Would you rather the airlines rush through their pre-flight checks? Or if the conditions are unsafe for take-off they should take-off anyways? Or maybe the airplane should take-off anyways even if another airplane is trying to land on the same runway? Your right, the big wigs don't care about anyone....just their lives and safety.Think for a second before you open your mouth.[/citation]

No, the problems aren't with the FAA mandated preflight checklists or taking off in unsafe conditions. This is meant for those times where you arrive late and ground crews have gone home and there is nobody to park the plane. This is for the times where they have a line stacked about 50 deep waiting to depart because they overcrowd departure times past airport capacity. This is for the times that airlines fail to show compassion to the paying customer, not safety.

Apparently thinking isn't happening before you open your mouth.

tanderskey

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2009
if her files were "corrupted" i'd be more apt to blame whatever new version of MS Word she installed thinking it was compatible with the docs she authored using an older version of MS Word. cant tell you how many times this has happened over the years at companies i've worked for. cant blame Delta for that.

but the other stuff, go ahead (although the story does have a slight whiff of delusional paranoia too).

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I hate flying...
Nothing like waiting hours in customs for nothing at all... almost missed my plane down south... two plane trip... I would have been stranded halfway between my home and destination... the food was also insanely expensive and tasted like shit...

Driving 1000km is often easier than getting through Canadian-American customs...

njalterio

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
[citation][nom]darkknight22[/nom]No, the problems aren't with the FAA mandated preflight checklists or taking off in unsafe conditions. This is meant for those times where you arrive late and ground crews have gone home and there is nobody to park the plane. This is for the times where they have a line stacked about 50 deep waiting to depart because they overcrowd departure times past airport capacity. This is for the times that airlines fail to show compassion to the paying customer, not safety.Apparently thinking isn't happening before you open your mouth.[/citation]

Sure....you just know it all don't you? Airlines just leave people on planes just for the fun of it. They re-route planes just to screw with people. I am glad everyone here is an expert on airport operations.

Status
Not open for further replies.