Deluge of Leaks Reveals the Nexus Two/Nexus S

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I wish Google or Samsung can now stop denying it and answer questions about how they intend on not repeating the mistake of the HTC Nexus One by selling it at stores for all carriers (like the Galaxy S).

unrealpinky

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
[citation][nom]Niva[/nom]T-Mobile version should be compatible with AT&T's network right out of the box.[/citation]
Not entirely true. It will work upto EDGE speeds on AT&T. T-mobile's implementation of 3G is not compatiable with AT&T's.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
It seems like these companies would finally get fed up with Best Buy always being the one to leak information. We see this on their site or paper handouts or advertisement cutouts for almost every big tech release. What's the point of insisting on secrecy at all if Best Buy is going to spill the beans anyway?

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Really? The Nexus One set a benchmark in build quality for Android phones, and now the successor is glossy black plastic? Lame, if true.

Boxa786

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
why make us wait, why?

I soo want a new phone, looking to get the htc desire hd, but having just got a n8 for my friend, im leaning towards that.... ish...

Cmon samsung/google, get it out there already! Its almost christmas for ffs, give us a treat :D

cashews

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
[citation][nom]tipoo[/nom]Really? The Nexus One set a benchmark in build quality for Android phones, and now the successor is glossy black plastic? Lame, if true.[/citation]
I liked that plastic on the N1, some people call it ugly, I reckon that it is classy. I'll have to wait and see the Nexus S' glossy plastic before I form an opinion on it, however a pure android phone is very attractive in itself.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
[citation][nom]cashews[/nom]I liked that plastic on the N1, some people call it ugly, I reckon that it is classy. I'll have to wait and see the Nexus S' glossy plastic before I form an opinion on it, however a pure android phone is very attractive in itself.[/citation]

No, I was saying the Nexus One looked good, and this one looks plasticy and cheap.

skyjogger

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
any one ever think that maybe they do these leaks on purpose? its free advertising, every time they do one of these 'slip ups' the internet goes crazy with people going look at this and word travels very fast and it builds hype with out costing anything on advertising
it is a quite common technique

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Good choice of Samsung for a manufacturer. Since this phone is also presumably Google-sponsered, does that mean we can expect a fully unlocked/rooted edition straight from Google as well?

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]gogogadgetliver[/nom]Yawn. Wake me when a pack of Nexus Six models arrive on Earth and start killing people. I'll be over at the WP7 store until then.[/citation]
Why in the world would you want to put Windows 95 on a mobile phone? You must be one of the biggest losers on the planet. Anyone with half a brain knows that Linux based operating systems like Android are vastly superior to everything else.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Good choice of Samsung for a manufacturer. Since this phone is also presumably Google-sponsered, does that mean we can expect a fully unlocked/rooted edition straight from Google as well?[/citation]
I don't think so, but it ought to be easy to do all of the above to it. N1 wasn't unlocked/rooted, either, but there was/is a way to do it. The ideal would be something similar, with option to leave it as it is and enjoy the warranty or mod it as you like and void the warranty. Best of both worlds.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Things that N2 should not have:
-hardware-locked bootloader, making it harder/riskier to mod it and defeating the openness of Android (like Moto's models)
-hardware-crippled models for different carriers, like galaxyS (see Captivate vs. vibrant vs. stock GalaxyS).

Status
Not open for further replies.