Solved! Denon AVRS750H Video through HDMI ARC keeps blinking.

jkenny7512

Commendable
Jun 5, 2017
Hello all, I hope someone can help me out.
I have a brand new Denon AVRS750H receiver. Bought it and set it up one week ago and everything has been great until this morning.
Watched TV last night and all was good when I went to bed, get up this morning and turn on the TV and the picture keeps blinking to a black screen and then back to the picture every few seconds.
I have my cable box connected by HDMI to the receiver and then the receiver to the TV by HDMI ARC. My Firestick also passes through the receiver and the picture is fine with the Firestick.
If I connect the cable box direct to the TV by HDMI cable the picture is fine. My Blue-Ray player through the receiver with HDMI cable the picture is fine.
It is only the TV with HDMI ARC that has an issue and it was fine for a week before this started.
Has anyone else had a similar problem?
How did you solve it?

Solution
Since your other sources are working through the receiver it's not the TV.
I would suggest you try a different HDMI cable on the cable box. Try a different input on the receiver too.
HDMI is a royal pain. The source-cable-receiver-cable-TV all have to meet the HDMI standard. Sometimes a particular combination doesn't.
ARC is only used to get audio from the TV to the receiver without an additional cable. If you don't use the TV tuner or apps you can use any other HDMI input.
I would suggest you try a different HDMI cable on the cable box. Try a different input on the receiver too.
HDMI is a royal pain. The source-cable-receiver-cable-TV all have to meet the HDMI standard. Sometimes a particular combination doesn't.
ARC is only used to get audio from the TV to the receiver without an additional cable. If you don't use the TV tuner or apps you can use any other HDMI input.

Solution