Denon Receiver - Connect to Surround Speakers Via Bluetooth

masscraft

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
I have a Denon receiver, a bluetooth transmitter and a bluetooth speaker. I've already verified I can synch the bluetooth transmitter and speaker to generate sound via my laptop. I want to use this setup except drive the bluetooth transmitter from the surround speaker jacks on the back of my Denon receiver. I purchased banana plug cables with RCA plugs on the other end. The bananas are plugged into the receiver's surround speaker terminals. The RCA plugs are input to my bluetooth transmitter. The transmitter and speaker are synched, but I'm not getting any sound of the speaker. What am I doing wrong?

Solution
You are using the wrong type input. The transmitter expects line-level input you are providing speaker level input. You may be damaging the transmitter. There are converters which you can buy that will adapt the speaker output to line level. I have no experience with them so I don't have a recommendation.

kanewolf

Judicious
You are using the wrong type input. The transmitter expects line-level input you are providing speaker level input. You may be damaging the transmitter. There are converters which you can buy that will adapt the speaker output to line level. I have no experience with them so I don't have a recommendation.

Solution