Denon Twin CD Drawer Problem

Stuart48

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
Denon 4500S
One of the drawers opens and closes straight away. To put a CD in I have to be quick before drawer closes. Sometimes If I hold the open/close button down the drawer will stay open and then close when I press close button.

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks Stuart

Solution
This is quoted from a previous solution on Tom's:

"Press the eject button and keep it pressed. If it doesn't close, see if blowing bit of air behind the button helps as it may be sticking.

If it closes while the button is still pressed, theres something wrong internally as well as blowing air not helping and fault being inside the DVD drive."

Not sure of your mechanical/electronic abilities, but if it's the Open/Close button, then likely contact cleaner spray on its contact would probably solve it. Do it with power off, and give it plenty of time to evaporate. It's best usually if you open the player and get right in on the contact.
If it's not the switch, then I'd suspect the drive rail needs to be cleaned and re-lubed, or a...

dudio

Admirable
This is quoted from a previous solution on Tom's:

"Press the eject button and keep it pressed. If it doesn't close, see if blowing bit of air behind the button helps as it may be sticking.

If it closes while the button is still pressed, theres something wrong internally as well as blowing air not helping and fault being inside the DVD drive."

Not sure of your mechanical/electronic abilities, but if it's the Open/Close button, then likely contact cleaner spray on its contact would probably solve it. Do it with power off, and give it plenty of time to evaporate. It's best usually if you open the player and get right in on the contact.
If it's not the switch, then I'd suspect the drive rail needs to be cleaned and re-lubed, or a proximity switch that detects Open is out whack and needs to be re-adjusted.

Solution