News Department of Homeland Security: China using TCL TVs to spy on Americans

Dec 25, 2020
I'm actually more concerned about companies like Amazon and Google with their products like Alexa, etc. doing the snooping. Why do think our government is in bed with these companies? Not too far off in the future, state agencies will be using Alexa devices to tell if you're in "compliance" with government orders to limit the number of people in your home during a quarantine. Alexa already has a "drop-in" feature for personal use that is all too easy for the government to utilize.

USAFRet

Illustrious
I'm actually more concerned about companies like Amazon and Google with their products like Alexa, etc. doing the snooping. Why do think our government is in bed with these companies? Not too far off in the future, state agencies will be using Alexa devices to tell if you're in "compliance" with government orders to limit the number of people in your home during a quarantine. Alexa already has a "drop-in" feature for personal use that is all too easy for the government to utilize.
Easy solution - Don't buy an Alexa.

Reactions: COLGeek
Dec 26, 2020
its funny watching people complain about spying while they choose to hold, obtain, sit in front of, the objects that allow the spying to happen in the first place. Going over to someone's house and they have alexa. Choosing to talk in front of it. Etc.

The older I get, the more the Amish were right. If you cared about not being spied on, you would'nt progress 1990's tech.