Solved! Desktop screen flickering

Oct 30, 2019
Hey guys,
I having been having problem with my desktop. If I open a heavy app or play video games, after around 30 min, the screen starts flickering after every 4-5 seconds. Before it was an hour or two or not at all, I could use the heavy app for but now the time before it starts happening has been slowly decreasing.
I do have the computer case clean. The room is not hot.
Have GTX 1080 graphics card. It is not overclocked.
I have cleaned install latest graphics drivers. Windows 10 is up to date.
Everything in task manager looks fine. There is no another app that has high activity after closing the game.
To fix this problem, I have to leave the computer off for around 15-20 mins. I have checked with SMART software and temperature is normal.

Another things is that on EVGA software, when screen flickers, you see the GPU clock and memory clock at its highest and then it drops. Couple seconds later, screen flickers and another rise.

Any solutions?
Thanks

Solution
Sounds like your GPU may be overheating.

Try running some temp monitoring software and see what the temps are. If they are high, then I would start with cleaning out the computer of dust and debris, also making sure none of the vents is blocked.

Should that not help, then you need to look at additional airflow, possibly replacing the thermal paste and if all else fails replacing the GPU (and possibly the motherboard).

Additionally, make sure that the fan(s) are all working properly as well.
Sounds like your GPU may be overheating.

Try running some temp monitoring software and see what the temps are. If they are high, then I would start with cleaning out the computer of dust and debris, also making sure none of the vents is blocked.

Should that not help, then you need to look at additional airflow, possibly replacing the thermal paste and if all else fails replacing the GPU (and possibly the motherboard).

Additionally, make sure that the fan(s) are all working properly as well.

Solution