Desperate for help with my PC!!!

Michelle_111

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017
I need help, I have been having major issues with my computer. I am NOT tech saavy! It's an acer x1430G . I tried to do the repair set up within my upgrade to windows 10 and it failed twice at 8%. I gave up and shut the pc off. I am now trying to boot using a a usb with the iso file of windows 10 to repair my computer. The problem is that it is telling me that I have windows 7 and will not proceed. What do I need to do ? I really need to save my files. My mom just died a few days ago and I have pictures that I cannot lose. Help!!

Michelle_111

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017

Yes, I fear it's much worse now. I downloaded a copy of windows 7 iso and tried booting from that. Ran the chksdk r. Then it told me that I have windows 10 (recovered) . I tried to no avail every single method it offered me to repair, went through all the motions I could find with command prompt. Nothing. Everything I try fails. I have even tried to just re-install windows 10 from the bootable usb iso and it will not install. I am just at my witts end. It's just putting me in one big circle loop.