Details of Modern Warfare 3's 'Hardened Edition' Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedemon

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2006
You have already played this game so they have to get you somehow. Clan XP, really? What you will have there are a bunch of xp whoring clans that have NO skill.
You wont find me anywhere near this mess, ill be pwning pros in BF3!!!

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
[citation][nom]speedemon[/nom]You have already played this game so they have to get you somehow. Clan XP, really? What you will have there are a bunch of xp whoring clans that have NO skill.You wont find me anywhere near this mess, ill be pwning pros in BF3!!![/citation]

I completely agree.

I was a big fan of COD until black ops came out. It's a great game, but multiplayer was ruined for me when they added the auto aim crap.

Can't wait for Battlefield 3. That and 2142 where probably the most favorite FPS of all time.
I seriously think BF3 is gonna bring a lot of console fanboys to the pc.
Can't wait for Battlefield 3. I fall asleep every night dreaming of it. I "F-ING" LOVE BATTLEFIELD 3, and it's not even out yet. Hopefully they do a remake of 2142 also, that would be awsome!!

AbdullahG

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]speedemon[/nom]You have already played this game so they have to get you somehow. Clan XP, really? What you will have there are a bunch of xp whoring clans that have NO skill.You wont find me anywhere near this mess, ill be pwning pros in BF3!!![/citation]
I honestly think MW3 isn't going to be that bad. However, it just seems like a MW2 with several issues fixed and a few add-ons. Not that it's bad though. As for BF3, I plan on getting it, but it seems over-hyped too much (I'm still looking forward to it though). Everyone assumes it's going to destroy MW3 because it's more "realistic" and has better graphics. No game can be realistic. And for all we know, it's gameplay could be horrid.

utengineer

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
[citation][nom]upgrade_1977[/nom]Can't wait for Battlefield 3. I fall asleep every night dreaming of it. I "F-ING" LOVE BATTLEFIELD 3[/citation]

You should get out more and meet girls. Just saying...obsession with a video game is not healthy.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
[citation][nom]AbdullahG[/nom]I honestly think MW3 isn't going to be that bad. However, it just seems like a MW2 with several issues fixed and a few add-ons. Not that it's bad though. As for BF3, I plan on getting it, but it seems over-hyped too much (I'm still looking forward to it though). Everyone assumes it's going to destroy MW3 because it's more "realistic" and has better graphics. No game can be realistic. And for all we know, it's gameplay could be horrid.[/citation]

It's still MW without the ability to mod the hell out of it, which is where Zombie Mode CAME FROM!

As for BF3 slaughtering Modern OnRails it's going to capture a lot of the tactically minded people form CoDs camp, the ones who know that Quickscoping isn't a skill but poor game design, that shooting from the hip should spray bullets all over the place and only be effective for CQB, that muzzle climb should be a drawback to using a midrange and larger cartrage, but its' benefit being that it can penetrate through objects, not so you can 'one shot' someone wearing a flack vest that's only good for stopping schrapnel. And that shooting a round more than 300 yards is going to involve compensating for bullet drop (also IRL guns aren't hitscan).

All of those points I have brought to the table are what happens IRL when shooting a gun. In and our of combat (sporting comes to mind) and thusly makes the game MORE realistic. MW's biggest problem is that you can hipshoot, quickscope, dolphin dive, and killstreak your way to victory.

A lot of people, myself included get tired of that kind of gameplay simply because of the cheezyness of it all, and all the children playing, with mics not using push to talk yelling at their mother that they wanted chocolate milk instead of mountain dew.

tulx

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]utengineer[/nom]You should get out more and meet girls. Just saying...obsession with a video game is not healthy.[/citation]
Heh. Nor is obsession with girls, or any obsession, for that matter. Take everything in moderation.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]bulkzerker[/nom]It's still MW without the ability to mod the hell out of it, which is where Zombie Mode CAME FROM! As for BF3 slaughtering Modern OnRails it's going to capture a lot of the tactically minded people form CoDs camp, the ones who know that Quickscoping isn't a skill but poor game design, that shooting from the hip should spray bullets all over the place and only be effective for CQB, that muzzle climb should be a drawback to using a midrange and larger cartrage, but its' benefit being that it can penetrate through objects, not so you can 'one shot' someone wearing a flack vest that's only good for stopping schrapnel. And that shooting a round more than 300 yards is going to involve compensating for bullet drop (also IRL guns aren't hitscan).All of those points I have brought to the table are what happens IRL when shooting a gun. In and our of combat (sporting comes to mind) and thusly makes the game MORE realistic. MW's biggest problem is that you can hipshoot, quickscope, dolphin dive, and killstreak your way to victory. A lot of people, myself included get tired of that kind of gameplay simply because of the cheezyness of it all, and all the children playing, with mics not using push to talk yelling at their mother that they wanted chocolate milk instead of mountain dew.[/citation]
I agree with you that BF3 is a strategic approach to FPS. I want a game like that. It just seems that BF3 fanatics assume that any game not up to BF3 standards means it sucks. If a game has quickscoping, killstreaks, etc., it doesn't make it a bad game. It only makes it a game some people will not enjoy because of those aspects. They can avoid playing that game and move on to a new game. I respect someone's opinion on what game they prefer, but if they take it an extent where they assume it's this game or no game, then it bothers me.

toastninja17

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
I won't begin on why my money goes to BF3, as most of my reasoning for that has been mostly covered in the above comments, although here are my thoughts.
Right now, for me, CoD: speed wins, killstreaks win, ever-so-constantly grenade and flash-spam wins. Oh yeah, and CAMPING.
Battlefield: tactical mindsets win, actual cooperative squad-based gameplay wins, and just a higher caliber (literally) of skill wins. And destructible environments, bro!!

I own MW2 and Black Ops for the PS3, I really like them both, the latter of the two being my favorite. I'll play Black Ops every so often when I'm craving that flavor of shooter, even IF it's just speed, spraying, and killstreaks. I'm sure everyone wants a taste every once in a while.
That's just me though.

Back to my point...BF3 takes the cake for me, can't wait for a release party.

fightingslu

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
Activision is hoping this does well to build a player base for their CoD Elite. I hope this service fails- but it won't and more and more games will start charging a subscription to play online.

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
New dumbass idea from gaming companies: Make them pay more for something online they wont need anyway.
And if anyone asks: people wont buy that, the answer will be: someone will.

Oh well, another reason to Not buy this game.

mortsmi7

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
Every time I see "MW3", I think Mech Warrior. It reminds me of a time when you got extras with games for free, like the cutout that would fit over your keyboard labeling all the keys.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
I liked MW2 for spec ops really. the campaign is alright, as long as you don't actually think about it subjectively. It's like crysis 2. I didn't love the campaign, but the game was still fun (air drop!)...and because they have a light (or refined) engine, it doesn't kill your pc, anti-aliasing is good too. I expect the same things out of MW3, i don't care about multi. For that there is BF3 and America's Army.

As far as BF3 goes, i'm just pretty damn excited ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.