Deus Ex: The Fall Will Be Launching Later This Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttcboy

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
Even though i like this game on PC, the word "Paid game" and "Micro transactions" doesn't go well together.

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
The negative reception for this game when it was first announced was overwhelming, I think the first trailer had something like 12x more dislikes than likes on Youtube. Square Enix/Eidos made several big mistakes. First they released a teaser trailer a week before E3, leading many to believe a next-gen console/PC Deus Ex would be announced at E3, and in general over-hyping the game. Then they announced that it would be a mobile title, which annoyed people for several reasons, such as Deus Ex starting as a PC series and how bad virtual analog sticks are on touchscreens. Also, the first trailer made the game seem like an iOS exclusive, angering many Android fans, and though they later clarified that it would also come to Android, many still believe that it is an iOS exclusive because they never heard the clarification. The trailer showed that they basically just copy/pasted the interface, animations, etc. from Human Revolution, making many feel like the game was just a cash grab attempt. Also, many fans of the book were disapointed because they didn't feel like they'd be able to enjoy the story through a mobile game.

They probably could have redeemed themselves by announcing that it would be ported over to PC/XBLA/PSN, or by announcing a proper next-gen/PC Deus Ex at E3, but they failed to do so. Just a huge fiasco for Square/Eidos.

hannibal

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2004
In the future games are first released for mobile platforms, then later they will be releases as an console ports and then they will port those mobile games to PC... maybe... if they hapen to have time...
Why? The mobile users are ready for micro payments from the beginning, it it cheaper to produce game to mobile platforms, there are more customers in mobile platforms etc...
So when we now are stuck with console ports, in future we are maiting mobile ports...
Where is my old Ultima 3 DOS version... I want to play something cool...

Pailin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
I must say, having loved the games so far I got pretty excited to hear there was a new addition to the series due out so soon!

Then I hear mobile app... then I look for PC release...

Then consider its maybe a mini game, k cool...

Then small buy in fee + micro transactions........ -.-

- then looks in small saddened hope for PC release...

Then - ahhh just Fck It! Really Square Enix !?!

Then Goes back to waiting for the 100% Crowd Funded space combat/sim/Universe of Star Citizen :)

Michael Wolfe

Honorable
May 14, 2013
I'ld like to submit a correction to the header of this article if I may:
"The Fall of Deus Ex Will Be Launching Later This Week"

Status
Not open for further replies.