Developer of DayZ Finally Gives Standalone Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poul Wrist

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013
Why must people act like such jerks. Demand the release? You can demand nothing. Shut up, play something else. Stop being whiny ass babies, it's tiresome to read nothing in the news but how "gamers" post deaththreats, rapethreats, hostile demands, and wish terror upon developers of videogames... grow up, people.

senkasaw

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
You shouldn't be allowed to complain about development times until you have worked in development yourself. (at which point you will likely stop complaining...in case anyone missed that. :p)

targetdrone

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
Hey if people want to experience dayZ they should parachute out of a plane over Sub-Sahara Africa. You'll pretty much have to deal with the same things.

YawnNoDayZ

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013
Yawn, first I would like to say, Threats over a video game are childish, if you like DayZ or not, grow the hell up. Get over it, the game isn't out yet. Now that is out of the way, DayZ may take a horrible hit from this, I love the mod, I even rent my own server and host for a group of people that want a hacker free enviroment just to play. I am worried Dean that if you hold on to this game too long, you will loose the base you once had. In the community the joke is going around that the game isn't coming out at all and some are even saying it's fact and people are starting to believe it. Their going out to by state of decay, or that other horrible zombie game that came out last year that we won't dare mention on here, as well some other games that are possibly in the works from big developers that are very similar to DayZ. I would release the alpha now and give out updates as you go. The game looks beautiful already, The main issue people were having, was the fact zombies hit through the air instead of hitting the actual player. The community is just to the point of wanting a game out to have something to play again. I understand developers want to rush games out too fast at the demand of the community so that is why I haven't given up. I remember being a kid in November 1997 waiting for my first PS 1 game pre order to come out lol. First game I ever pre ordered was Tomb Raider 2 and I was dieing for that game to release. I haven't felt that way about a game until now. I feel like the first time I ever made a pre order and been extremely excited over it. My main and only fear, DayZ will loose the backing from Bohemia on any future development and or money to expand the game from the community base moving on. I don't want to see that happen and I want to think that it won't be we do not know how people respond to things. I only ask, please don't make it past 2014. Anyways, Thank you Dean, thank you DayZ Dev team for the game, Also for anyone getting angry at Dean for playing a video game, I make guns for a living with a well known weapons maker, I play this game and I don't have people screaming at me to make guns when I'm at home playing a game, how would you feel to be in Dean's shoes? That's right..... The person who made the ridiculous threat is probably a child that knows nothing about being a adult and being mature, doesn't understand we have lives out side of work. Get over it and wait. If I am willing to be patient, you can too. Take care everyone.

YawnNoDayZ

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013
Yawn, first I would like to say, Threats over a video game are childish, if you like DayZ or not, grow the hell up. Get over it, the game isn't out yet. Now that is out of the way, DayZ may take a horrible hit from this, I love the mod, I even rent my own server and host for a group of people that want a hacker free enviroment just to play. I am worried Dean that if you hold on to this game too long, you will loose the base you once had. In the community the joke is going around that the game isn't coming out at all and some are even saying it's fact and people are starting to believe it. Their going out to by state of decay, or that other horrible zombie game that came out last year that we won't dare mention on here, as well some other games that are possibly in the works from big developers that are very similar to DayZ. I would release the alpha now and give out updates as you go. The game looks beautiful already, The main issue people were having, was the fact zombies hit through the air instead of hitting the actual player. The community is just to the point of wanting a game out to have something to play again. I understand developers want to rush games out too fast at the demand of the community so that is why I haven't given up. I remember being a kid in November 1997 waiting for my first PS 1 game pre order to come out lol. First game I ever pre ordered was Tomb Raider 2 and I was dieing for that game to release. I haven't felt that way about a game until now. I feel like the first time I ever made a pre order and been extremely excited over it. My main and only fear, DayZ will loose the backing from Bohemia on any future development and or money to expand the game from the community base moving on. I don't want to see that happen and I want to think that it won't be we do not know how people respond to things. I only ask, please don't make it past 2014. Anyways, Thank you Dean, thank you DayZ Dev team for the game, Also for anyone getting angry at Dean for playing a video game, I make guns for a living with a well known weapons maker, I play this game and I don't have people screaming at me to make guns when I'm at home playing a game, how would you feel to be in Dean's shoes? That's right..... The person who made the ridiculous threat is probably a child that knows nothing about being a adult and being mature, doesn't understand we have lives out side of work. Get over it and wait. If I am willing to be patient, you can too. Take care everyone.

YawnNoDayZ

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.