Device to stream media to HDTV

kilerz

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
hi, i have a 1080p tv and i dont want to move my computer every time to watch a movie on it, is there a device that will let me stream files from my pc to the device (to play on the tv) that can play .mkv files, h.264, mp4,avi,xvid,divx? i want its to play a lot of different files so i dont run into problems

kilerz

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009

The thing about that out I don't want a htpc, I don't want windows 7/ because I would have to get a mouse and get a mouse and keyboard. I just want a simple interface and a remote.

kilerz

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
btw how easy is it to setup two windows 7 pcs for streaming on two different internet sources meaing, stream from my pc at home to a pc/laptop at a hotel?

The following review should help you out...

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1057/7/

To cut to the case, the reviewer had the best success using Media Player Classic to playback MKV files. But, it's not 100% glitch free. The one glitch he experienced was stuttering whenever he was changing the volume. His setup has the slower 1.6GHz Atom 330 CPU.

kilerz

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
so basically the ion 1 sucks for video playback, and the cpue is just as bad, and the problem wiyj the ion 2 is that the program (the media center) would need hardware acceleration (using the ion to decode the video). i dont want any problems so that rules out a week htpc. is there a way to get a remote to work on an htpc with media center without an IR device?

kilerz

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009

so one question, do i have to buy a standalone remote? Basically if my computer is in a totally different room, i dont want to go to my pc and come back every time i need to change something

CHRles

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
It's actually best used in the same room you're going to be in. The product's strong points are that it's mobile - you can easily take it with you anywhere - , and that since it's wireless it'll save you some of the hassles of long wires

kilerz

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009

So basically i just want to know since u said it works best in the same room, 1. if im in a different room how do i use it? 2. if its mobile does that mean i can leave my desktop at home, and use my pc at basically across the world 3.how good is the quality/speed 4. I mean no disrespect to you, but are you actually partnered with the company, (you said you were biased and your signature inclued this brand.