Diablo III for PS3 to Support On and Offline Trading, But No Auction House

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiefScooter

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
I didn't think this was Blizzard's first console effort... Didn't they make Rock N Roll Racing, The Lost Vikings, Blackthorne, a Superman game, and a bunch of others for the SNES and Genesis? Or are the SNES and Genesis not considered consoles anymore?

MauveCloud

Distinguished
May 7, 2010
Offline play on the PS3/PS4 versions (GameSpot indicates it's coming for both) but still not on the PC version? and the console versions wouldn't drive users toward using authenticators? I gave up on playing Diablo III several months ago when some combination of a move and some hardware upgrades caused it to repeatedly lock me out. I might get the PS3 version if it really supports offline play.

edogawa

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
I don't understand the hype for Diablo 3? What's so special about it? Isn't it just some story mode adventure game?

Why does it need an auction house? Once you beat the game why do you want to get all these items and stuff? Maybe someone can enlighten me.

audiophillia

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
[citation][nom]billgatez[/nom]I am interested to so how a game that primarily uses the mouse is going to fare on a console.[/citation]

the same way a Torchlight worked.

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
Two of the main reasons I didn't buy D3 were the style of it and the always online DRM.

When I say style of it, I'm comparing D3 to D2's and D2:LoD's dark style of art and atmosphere. I got more of a WoW feel than a diablo feel.

It's kinda the same reason I didn't buy SC2 (loved SC1 and BW), just not diggin the cartoony art style, more so in D3 where it's supposted to have a dark and hopeless atmosphere.

At least that's what I think

I don't see this selling well on the PS3 given that the PS4 has had a glimmer of the spotlight already.

Also, why does everyone forget about Star Craft 64?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarCraft#Nintendo_64_version

thor220

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
[citation][nom]edogawa[/nom]I don't understand the hype for Diablo 3? What's so special about it? Isn't it just some story mode adventure game? Why does it need an auction house? Once you beat the game why do you want to get all these items and stuff? Maybe someone can enlighten me.[/citation]

There was only every hype for the game because fans believe it to be the true sequal to diablo II. Why does it need an auction house? Because you cannot beat the game without buying stuff from other players. They force you to use the auction house to maximize profits. The game is like 8 hrs long anyways so really the item hunt is useless in such a small game.

Frankly that blizzard would do this to their PC user base is the most despicable thing I have seen done before. At least when bioware released a fixed ending for ME3, they gave everyone it. I'm done with blizzard game. Period.

slomo4sho

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2008
[citation][nom]Gundam288[/nom].Also, why does everyone forget about Star Craft 64?[/citation]
I am going to wager its because no one played StarCraft 64

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
You are telling me what PS4 gets a non pay-to-win game with no DRM and PC users do? Lucky i didnt get the game or this would really piss me off now :D.

ibjeepr

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
In addition, it was found that, like PC players, PS4 players never found any gear worth while and couldn't get past Nightmare difficulty without the auction house.

chat0n

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
PS3 customers will get what PC users have been asking since the launch of the game. This is so unfair, you can't imagine how I regret to have spent 50€ for this crap game. I played something like 1 month then felt like I had been screwed because of their fu***** attractive advertising campaign. Blizzard, f*** you, you are *** ** **** go **** **** ****** in hell.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
The more I hear about how the PS3/PS4 ports will get what the PC version should have had, the more I resent Blizzard. And I plan on backing that up with my wallet. Screw us PC players? Screw you, Blizzard!

jackbling

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
[citation][nom]slomo4sho[/nom]I am going to wager its because no one played StarCraft 64[/citation]

Starcraft 64 was under appreciated; awesome port.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
[citation][nom]edogawa[/nom]I don't understand the hype for Diablo 3? What's so special about it? Isn't it just some story mode adventure game? Why does it need an auction house? Once you beat the game why do you want to get all these items and stuff? Maybe someone can enlighten me.[/citation]
I actually agree with you but the answer to your question is that people just want to have a super elite character with the best items in the game so they can put the game on the hardest difficulty, and kill the toughest monsters with 1 hit and have everyone else say "WOW, your character is awesome."
It's a bit ridiculous honestly. I just sold a pair of boots for $200 in the RMAH. The boots were better than the boots worn by the best Wizzard in the world (according to the Diablo 3 progress website) but still, to pay $200 cash for a pair for boots in a game seems insane to me...
I'm gonna use the money to buy a new pair of tennis shoes and a 32" HDTV for my bedroom.

v1ctor

Honorable
May 2, 2012
Blizzard is Diabolical. Maybe if someone beats the game in past nightmare without special items the curse get purged from the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.