Diagnose if battery is OK from voltage values?

Eduardo_15

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016
Hi all, I got a new Asus UX303LB and I have the feeling that the battery is not lasting as much as it should. From 100% it goes down to 90% in less than an 30 minutes and windows does not seem to give accurate information about battery life.

I got this data from HWINFO, but I don't understand about electricity, maybe someone can tell me if this information means my battery is ok? Thanks in advance!

Battery voltage: 11.310V
Remaining capacity: 38.634 Wh (going down)
Charge level: 83.2%
Charge rate: osilates from -4.048 to -4.478

I can also make a video to show how values change.

Thanks

PS: If you know a good way to test my battery please let me know

Solution
Don't know any of that.

What I know is, my old laptop, over 15 years old had a 400 cycles battery before I had to replace it. My current Macbook, I expect it to go 1,000 charge cycles. Currently at 4 years, it has 650 cycles, a reasonable number to me.

It also shows me that is 88% healthy, it calculates this number based on the battery's design capacity of 4,680mA, and currently at 100% charge it says 4,116mA available. 88% of its original.

These information, if not available through Windows, comes from third party utilities.

The battery meter is not 100% accurate, you are advised not to obsess looking at it. If it looks weird, you are advised to go through a couple of complete cycles: Use the battery until almost depleted, then...
Don't know any of that.

What I know is, my old laptop, over 15 years old had a 400 cycles battery before I had to replace it. My current Macbook, I expect it to go 1,000 charge cycles. Currently at 4 years, it has 650 cycles, a reasonable number to me.

It also shows me that is 88% healthy, it calculates this number based on the battery's design capacity of 4,680mA, and currently at 100% charge it says 4,116mA available. 88% of its original.

These information, if not available through Windows, comes from third party utilities.

The battery meter is not 100% accurate, you are advised not to obsess looking at it. If it looks weird, you are advised to go through a couple of complete cycles: Use the battery until almost depleted, then let it fully charge overnight, this, according to what's known, "calibrates" the batt meter.

Solution