Question Diagnosing Asus Eeebook x205TA not powering on

May 15, 2019
The device will not power on when unplugged. When plugged in, holding the power button lights up the power LED, but no display. The charging LED alternates between green and orange, but both LEDs will turn off immediately when the device is unplugged.

I've opened up the shell and disconnected/reconnected the battery ribbon with the same results. I've also tried powering on the device while the battery is disconnected but connected to AC, with the same results. I've also tried a different charger. At this point, I'm led to believe that it's not a charger or battery issue, but maybe something with the motherboard. Is there a way to check if it's the charging port or something else on the board?

I don't have any tools like a multimeter or a soldering iron, but any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Without the necessary tools, there really is no way to test it. Additionally, your device may be the kind that will not work at all without a functioning battery. If that is the case, then a bad battery can cause this.

I would suggest you either contact the manufacturer (if under warranty) or if not, then try a local tech.