Did Apple Buy the Maker of iMuffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

impulsefire911

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2010
apple.. oh apple...
i remember when your hardware wasnt overpriced, your computers not weak, your technology not painted white and actually revolutionary...
o wait. :/

jomofro39

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
They can buy any company, throw an apple on it, paint it white and sell it for 3X the actual (previous company's MSRP) cost. I wish I had Mida's "white" touch.

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
I for one, can not wait until this whole i[insert pop-culture fad/meme here] thing is gets old and falls into the depths of meaningless unimportant memories and history.

G

Hardware wasn't overpriced ? When was that, I missed something somewhere over the last 29 years ... Kudos still for being able to sell it ! And now leave me alone you all, I'm gonna unpack my brand new Apple TV2, just wish 4.2 was already out...

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
Ah, social networking sites... How else would we get people to consistently and blithely blurt out what are supposed to be deep company secrets? Knowing Apple such an acquisition would be under NDA after NDA... But oops, gotta update my LinkedIn!

[citation][nom]impulsefire911[/nom]your technology not painted white and actually revolutionary...o wait.[/citation]
Oh, you mean like back in 1984?

...Except, of course, that Apple never did beat IBM... Rather, IBM undid themselves with possibly some of the worst decisions ever on earning acceptance for their PS/2. Now that was a REAL revolutionary machine... No one bought it, but everyone copied it. Case-in-point: it introduced a bunch of stuff still seen a lot today, such as the standard keyboard/mouse ports we use today, distinct memory module slots, old 1.44MB 3.5" floppy disks, the 15-pin D-sub "VGA" plug, and the VGA standard itself. I don't think we ever saw anything that revolutionary out of Apple, be it in the 1980s, 1990s, or today.

impulsefire911

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2010
[citation][nom]nottheking[/nom]Ah, social networking sites... How else would we get people to consistently and blithely blurt out what are supposed to be deep company secrets? Knowing Apple such an acquisition would be under NDA after NDA... But oops, gotta update my LinkedIn!Oh, you mean like back in 1984? ...Except, of course, that Apple never did beat IBM... Rather, IBM undid themselves with possibly some of the worst decisions ever on earning acceptance for their PS/2. Now that was a REAL revolutionary machine... No one bought it, but everyone copied it. Case-in-point: it introduced a bunch of stuff still seen a lot today, such as the standard keyboard/mouse ports we use today, distinct memory module slots, old 1.44MB 3.5" floppy disks, the 15-pin D-sub "VGA" plug, and the VGA standard itself. I don't think we ever saw anything that revolutionary out of Apple, be it in the 1980s, 1990s, or today.[/citation]
i know thats why i added the "o wait" at the end. lol. theyre failures whose main consumers are hipsters

climber

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
There can't be an iMuff, since apple is sooo anti pron in their mobile ecosystem if not their entire apple ecosystem... And by anti-pron I mean Steve Jobs comment about not allowing flash on his portable devices, "if you want pron, get an android device".

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Well, they already make (overpriced) earbuds, so why not Bluetooth, right?

Except they'll add some sort of a weird lock to the standard so it's only compatible with Apple-branded hardware.

haunted one

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
Just open new companies and brand your products with an "i" in front of each and then wait for Apple to pay you $$$ for the tradename.

=profit

bill gates is your daddy

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]Tomtompiper[/nom]First iPad's and now iMuff's can Apple get any more double entendre's into their portfolio?[/citation]

Seeing how the iTard masses are all about the iPeen I see this as natural progression. The iHole should come next. I figure it will be an at home ATM type device where you can shove money into and it goes directly to Steve Jobs.

mauller07

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
Whats with this fetish of sticking "i" infront of everything these days, its old and needs to move onto some other letter of the alphabet, i think "x" is taken though

Status
Not open for further replies.