Did Apple Just Buy iCloud for $4,500,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jednx01

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
I bet the people who were the previous owners of that domain are patting themselves on the back for picking that domain a few years ago. lol

TitusFFX

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
must of took a genius to come up with the name iCloud ^.^ too bad windows already had their own going back during the release of windows 7.

G

iCloud where your private data is securely viewed by yourself, and Steve Job's lackey of the month.

G

Has anyone ever bought anything from a spammer on a forum?
Note to spammers: Go back to the street corner, no one is going to trust you when you gatecrash a forum.

vk_87

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
Another 'i' product from Apple. nuff said. Next.....

On a more different note, it seems that the spammers are only posting articles on tomsguide.

G

I can see an image of "Neuschwanstein" castle rising out of a fog bank (a castle in the cloud) as the icon and on most of the advertising for iCloud.

Very Disney-like.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]msbpodcast[/nom]I can see an image of "Neuschwanstein" castle rising out of a fog bank (a castle in the cloud) as the icon and on most of the advertising for iCloud.Very Disney-like.[/citation]

There certainly are some parallels between iSteve and Ludwig II of Bavaria (Neuschwanstein's builder) too.. Their insanity, their delusions of grandeur and irrational and their distorted dream world for example.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I think the name is awful to be quite honest. If I am not mistaken the "i" stands for interactive.
So we have "interactive cloud" Not very catchy. Of course this wouldn't be the worst naming case of such that would go to iAds "interactive Ads" perhaps not a bad idea for a form of advertising.... except they aren't interactive so the name is highly inaccurate.

ohseus

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
[citation][nom]Silmarunya[/nom]There certainly are some parallels between iSteve and Ludwig II of Bavaria (Neuschwanstein's builder) too.. Their insanity, their delusions of grandeur and irrational and their distorted dream world for example.[/citation]

"Delusions" of grandeur? Personally, I think forging the the second most valuable company in the world from nothing sounds pretty grand. But, I admire your ability to jump on to an uninformed bandwagon. Go ahead and feel good about yourself and superior for that one. I won't point out how deluded you are.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]ohseus[/nom]"Delusions" of grandeur? Personally, I think forging the the second most valuable company in the world from nothing sounds pretty grand. But, I admire your ability to jump on to an uninformed bandwagon. Go ahead and feel good about yourself and superior for that one. I won't point out how deluded you are.[/citation]
As a CEO he performed his job tremendously well, But apple isn't the second most valuable company in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.