Did I damage my headphones?

G

I do not listen to music at full blast through either headphones or speaker systems. I sometimes listen to FLAC formatted music on my PC through my Sennheiser HD 280 Pro headphones while typing papers. The headphones are connected to my Creative Soundblaster Omni Surround 5.1 external sound card. When I connect my headphones to the sound card, it automatically adjusts the volume level to 20%. However, I just bought a 10-foot headphone extension cable so that I can listen to music on my headphones from my couch while reading books. I noticed that the speaker icon on my Windows 10 operating system still displayed 100% sound volume after connecting the headphones to the extension cable. When I went to adjust the volume, I initially had a little trouble adjusting the volume slide bar with my wireless keyboard's touch pad. The only sound that appeared was the Windows 10 audio tone that sounded once or twice at full volume. I had no music playing at that time. I have listened to my music with the headphones while reading. I have not noticed any static, hiss, or lost sound frequencies. I did notice one or two pop sounds with the music that I was listening to, but right now I suspect those pop sounds came from the audio file. What are the chances that I damaged my headphones with those Windows 10 audio tones sounding at full blast for only a couple of seconds? I am planning to replace the 280 Pro headphones with Yamaha HPH-MT8 headphones, but I would like to save the 280 Pros as spares for when I travel if they are undamaged. Thanks.

Solution
I doubt that would have damaged the headphones. I'm pretty sure they should be durable enough to withstand that level of output, and unless you notice some problem with them, there probably isn't any.

cryoburner

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
I doubt that would have damaged the headphones. I'm pretty sure they should be durable enough to withstand that level of output, and unless you notice some problem with them, there probably isn't any.

Solution