Did they ever fix the Hyper X Cloud II soundcard? Should I return mine?

JellinWellen

Estimable
Sep 10, 2015
Buddy of mine got these and I really enjoyed them so I bought a pair. They are perfect on paper for what I want. Unfortunately the mini DAC mine came with causes audio distortion, pops, fuzz, and crackling any time there is audio played. If you turn down the volume really low you can hear a fuzzy distorted version of whatever audio is being played, after doing some googling I found this was a fairly common issue with these headsets. I know its the USB DAC because if I use the standard 3.5mm it sounds fine. I also plugged a pair of earbuds into the dongle and it had the same issue.

Did Kingston ever resolve this issue? I was planning on calling them asking for a replacement USB DAC dongle but if they just send me another with the same crap I'll just return them. Which sucks because I really want these to work.

JellinWellen

Estimable
Sep 10, 2015
I've got a 750G2 coming in either monday or tuesday so I can rule that out once I get that installed. I was just wondering if anyone else had this issue and was able to resolve it by getting a replacement from Kingston. I might pick up a sound blaster tomorrow just to see if a different DAC would fix it.

JellinWellen

Estimable
Sep 10, 2015
UPDATE

Called Kingston, they had me perform a firmware update on the headset but it did not resolve the issue. They are sending me a replacement USB dongle for free and should arrive in 3-5 days.