Digital Music Price Fixing Suit Moves Ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]bejabbers[/nom]do torrents still work? Yep! So this doesn't concern me.... or well most smart people.[/citation]

I wouldn't call anyone smart who still uses p2p networks to download copyrighted material.
Having to pay a music publisher a few thousand bucks just because u shared 20songs is not very smart.

There are other ways of "pirating" music&films that don't require you to share the material in question. It's still illegal but at least no company can argue that you've caused thousands of dollars worth of damage by distributing copyrighted material for free.
*cough* one-click-hosters *cough*

Stryter

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009
Is it just me or are these spam comments becoming more and more numerous? Something seriously needs to be done about this. Come on, 8 in a row, with 3 a few comments before? It doesn't take rocket science to block these douchebags.

Milleman

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
Intel could license ARM as well and manufature the chips with their latest technology. If other companies could make dollars on making ARM on license, sodo could Intel. Would be more profitable than putting costly R&D money on keeping an old architecture alive.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
Netflix is $96/year.
I think Netflix got it right.

I've used Jamendo.com to download music quite a bit recently. Indie music that I prefer over pop, the fact that it's all free and legal is just icing.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]bejabbers[/nom]do torrents still work? Yep! So this doesn't concern me.... or well most smart people.[/citation]

We have different definitions of the word "smart."

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010

your parents failed at teachign you basic right and wrong, stealing in case you didn't know ... is wrong, i personally hope you get caught stealign music and are sued so you can never again even afford to own a pc

theuerkorn

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
I guess it's totally "smart" not to pay for other's work since you probably don't take a dime for yours, right.? Must be nice not to have bills to pay and getting everything for free. (yeah right.)

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]G00fySmiley[/nom]your parents failed at teachign you basic right and wrong, stealing in case you didn't know ... is wrong, i personally hope you get caught stealign music and are sued so you can never again even afford to own a pc[/citation]
Not that I condone piracy (at least most of the time), but FYI despite what you may have been told, its not stealing. Its copyright infringement. Stealing requires that the 'victim' lost something. When you infringe on copyright, you're not taking anything from the copyright holder. Copyright laws exist for a good reason, however horribly flawed they are in present form.

techcurious

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
Repeatedly complaining about spammers, is almost as annoying as spamming.. If you have a genuine tip for Tom's, then please do share.. but if you just want to protest, please spare us from reading your whining over and over again even long after the spam has been removed. I am sure Tom's would like to get rid of the spam more than we do! And they will delete the spam without your complaints.. just vote the spam down and call it a day :eek:)

Status
Not open for further replies.