Digital Surround sound headset $100-$150?

izik3000

Estimable
Aug 15, 2015
Hello,

Need help finding a nice quality (and cool looking) gaming headset for under $150, I was looking at the F.R.E.Q 7 and was wondering if anybody has had bad experiences with it. or If its worth 150 or not. also it would go nice with my R.A.T mouse :p

I was also considering the Tritton 720+ but any other suggestions for under 150 would be great!

Thanks.

izik3000

Estimable
Aug 15, 2015

Thanks for the reply

the HXC2's seem great, just wish they weren't so blandly designed (can't have everything right? :p)
so neither the tritton nor the mad catz are worth the money?

if not then I guess I can deal with not having a very flashy set of headphones

the hd518/ad500x are going to sound better, but you will need to use a modmic or clip on mic with them and if you need virtual a soundcard as well. you can still get that in budget i believe.

if you want an all in one, the hxc2 isnt bad. for under $100 it certainly does well against other headsets. i'm hesitant to call it the best, but its at least one of the better choices.

not sure if they are flashy enough for you but the sennheiser g4me one and g4me zero come in white (are based on the hd518/558/598 lineup of headphones and overpriced for what they give you... but its an all in one headset). it will break the budget though. a good product but a bit expensive for what you get. basically the headphone route i suggested is a cheap way of getting this.

izik3000

Estimable
Aug 15, 2015

after seeing the HXC2 in black in red I think I will go with those.

I would go with the hd518/ad500x if it weren't for the limited desk space I have, although I wouldn't really call it a desk more of like a school-table...ish thing. so cords and sound cards would just make it worse :p

but thanks so much! you were a great help!

edit: how is the Mic on the HXC2?