DirectStylus (Nvidia) technology and Tegra 4 tablets that actually use it... ?

Arthan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2010
Alright, so it's that time of the year again, when you just finished a semester and are already hard at work planning the next one. And let's face it, I don't think I can live through another semester without replacing my old, heavy and worn Dell laptop.

What I was originally looking for was something like the very costly Surface Pro 2. I think it's a wonderful and well made product, but it's something I'll never be able to afford without loading up my credit card. That being said, I recently came across a demo version of the Tegra Note using DirectStylus and I just fell in love with it. I would be buying it right away if it weren't for the 720p screen and the 7'' form factor which I find to be very unfriendly for note taking in class. I need something bigger.

I've been looking around the internet for this information but cannot seem to find any reliable info about it: Is there another Tegra 4 tablet that actually supports DirectStylus ? Microsoft isn't issuing any statement about a possible update for the RT Surface 2. I know the new Transformer Infinity (TF701) has a Tegra 4 but no one is talking about DirectStylus.
Could anyone confirm that, or perhaps even recommend another alternative to the Surface Pro 2 ? I really need a 10'' or more tablet, an
d need both the ability to use a stylus with palm rejection AND a keyboard. I don't mind buying two different products if needed, as long as the price is right. The budget will be around 700$ total, and that has to include mandatory accessories like keyboard dock etc. All the hardware will be purchased brand new.

And please, for the love God I don't want to see anyone saying that using an iPad with a stylus is great. Please ?

thanks in advance !
Arthan

renz496

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
so far only nvidia own tegra note have utilize direct stylus despite the tech is available to any tegra 4 processor out there. nvidia integrate a few things to their SoC but so far there is no manufacturer interested with those tech. instead they prefer to implement their own solution instead the one that offered by nvidia (prime example is how microsoft did not use nvidia direct stylus for their Surface 2)