Disable an Asus n550jv-db72t digitizer driver?

Che1eb

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008
I have a cracked digitizer and I want to know if I can disable my digitizer driver to fix the random "phantom" touches/inputs that make my laptop unusable. I've looked all over the Internet for a reasonably priced OEM digitizer (ts told me aftermarket digitizer would be a gamble) and no luck. I use keyboard and touchpad so disabling the touchscreen function is fine, even preferable for me. Does anyone know if this solution will work and the name of the touchscreen driver? Thanks!

Solution
This does work..and much cheaper/easier than replacing the digitizer. In device manager disable the USB Input Device under the Human Interface Device heading. A bunch of "HID Compliant Device" drivers will probable disappear when you disable the USB one, at least they did on mine; but the touchscreen has been disabled, everything seems to be ok, and best of all no wonky input from the misfiring touchscreen....oh yeah, and, free.

Che1eb

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008
This does work..and much cheaper/easier than replacing the digitizer. In device manager disable the USB Input Device under the Human Interface Device heading. A bunch of "HID Compliant Device" drivers will probable disappear when you disable the USB one, at least they did on mine; but the touchscreen has been disabled, everything seems to be ok, and best of all no wonky input from the misfiring touchscreen....oh yeah, and, free.

Solution