Disabling BitLocker on Windows Pavillion Notebook

May 14, 2018
Have to disable BitLocker on my HP Pavillion Laptop but cannot find the option to disable it so I can update BIOS. Followed directions to disable it on the HP support site and where the option is supposed to be, it is not there. How do I disable BitLocker? It runs Windows 10. Model number is HP 17-g121wm.

Solution
When you look at the C: drive under This PC > Devices and drives do you see a lock icon? You can also right click on the C: drive and it will say something like manage Bitlocker. If you see no lock and it says Turn on Bitlocker when you right click then you don't have Bitlocker enabled on that drive.

ko888

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
BitLocker Drive Encryption is in the Windows Operating System.

The hardware component is Trusted Platform Module (TPM). Do you see an option for enabling/disabling TPM in your BIOS Setup?

BadAsAl

Distinguished
When you look at the C: drive under This PC > Devices and drives do you see a lock icon? You can also right click on the C: drive and it will say something like manage Bitlocker. If you see no lock and it says Turn on Bitlocker when you right click then you don't have Bitlocker enabled on that drive.

Solution