chewyalf

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
Long story here, bear with me... I have a teenager who likes to use internet past 9pm, which my wife and I do not like. Every single night, I have to tell him - you have xx minutes left. He gets all pissy, but hey, that's life. Instead of going through that crap every single day, I would like our entire internet to be shut off - on all 3 computers - AUTOMATICALLY, at 9pm. So he knows at 9pm, the internet gets shut off. My router doesn't support time frames. It does support shutting off individual computers, but I would have to do this manually. I don't want to have to do it. Is there lan software that I can run on one computer, to shut off internet in the whole house? Even if its a screen capture mouse-movement program like snag-it that automatically selects the options to shut off the internet at a given time. I don't know if Snag-it has an automated feature where it plays-back your recorded macro at a certain time. I don't mind leaving one computer on for all this to happen. I know, "take control of your kid". Well, we do, I just don't want to have to go through the "aww... can I have 10 more minutes" every night. If its an automated macro program, that will be awesome. If it shuts off the internet for everyone, that's also great. Thanks!

chewyalf

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
Thanks, but as indicated, I did. My router doesn't have that setting (wish it did). I think the easiest solution is the macro program, but I don't know which one can run a macro at a given time.