Disabling speakers, while listening. Works after reboot

Pedro_7

Estimable
Dec 10, 2015
Hey guys, Ive got weird problem with my laptop speakers or sound Driver. Its not daily problem but it just gets me to "another universe" while swearing..
The laptop just sometimes decide to disable, turn off or lower the volume of my speakers. When Ive tried to chceck volume bars at Playback devices and switch to record, the sound/music etc just appear off the speakers, but when I switch back to Playback its disabled once again.
What would I do to bring back this guy back to his normal life?

Laptop: Lenovo G580
Sound Driver: Conexant SmartAudioHD (the only one for this notebook)

Solution
Hi,

Please do try to uninstall/reinstall the sound card driver itself.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the sound card driver.
- Once uninstalled download and install the latest driver there is from Lenovo's support site.
- Here's the link: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/au200w81.exe (for Windows 8.1 64 bit) but just download or install depending on what OS you have.
- After the installation do reboot your laptop then test it after.
- If it doesn't work run Windows Update and install all important update there is.
Hi,

Please do try to uninstall/reinstall the sound card driver itself.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the sound card driver.
- Once uninstalled download and install the latest driver there is from Lenovo's support site.
- Here's the link: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/au200w81.exe (for Windows 8.1 64 bit) but just download or install depending on what OS you have.
- After the installation do reboot your laptop then test it after.
- If it doesn't work run Windows Update and install all important update there is.

Solution

Pedro_7

Estimable
Dec 10, 2015
Done.. I will try my best to test it out. Thanks in advance

EDIT: Okay.. it didnt help at all.. I can still hear the crack noise from the speakers whenever I refresh Youtube video or so, but the sound wont turn on..
Any other solutions?