Disappearance of the downloaded video & picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxy1018

Prominent
Jul 28, 2017
Can anyone please help me for below question?
This only happen recently & 1st time I encounter this problem using smartphone, this new vivo v5 I bought. After I download video or picture, it should go to the download file inside the internal storage like always, when I try to move out from there, internally or using computer, suddenly, the video/picture I downloaded is just gone. Or I saw it still in download file by using computer, but cannot copy out, even it show video with MB, only show error, and check the phone, video gone. What's just happen? I never encounter this problem before, is this Virus/bug or something else?
I try before, If I copy/move the video/picture from the "Internal storage - download file" fast enough to SD card after downloading done, then is save... :??:

Solution
First, it depends on what kind of video and/or picture you are trying to download. Say it is a video from a place like Netflix, it won't be movable to your SD card, a computer or anywhere else. Some place (like them) restrict this ability.

Now if you are downloading just the same way you would on a computer. A file (mp4, avi, etc. or jpg, png, etc.) then you should be able to find those on the phone. If you cannot, and you know the download completed, they may have gone into a different folder, so you may have to search for the files. Also, there could be something inhibiting your access. An app, virus, malware, etc. So I would check for those as well.

You may also want to check the "Settings" for whatever app you are doing the...
First, it depends on what kind of video and/or picture you are trying to download. Say it is a video from a place like Netflix, it won't be movable to your SD card, a computer or anywhere else. Some place (like them) restrict this ability.

Now if you are downloading just the same way you would on a computer. A file (mp4, avi, etc. or jpg, png, etc.) then you should be able to find those on the phone. If you cannot, and you know the download completed, they may have gone into a different folder, so you may have to search for the files. Also, there could be something inhibiting your access. An app, virus, malware, etc. So I would check for those as well.

You may also want to check the "Settings" for whatever app you are doing the downloads through and make sure they are actually set to save to the folder you want to them to be saved to.

Reactions: Dr Goodman
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.