Solved! Discrete or Integrated GPU routing

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2020
Hello,
I just purchased the Asus Tuf A15 Gaming laptop with AMD ryzen 7 4800H and RTX 2060 GPU.

It has:
-HDMI 2.0B
-USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C™ with G-SYNC® enabled DisplayPort™ 1.4
-AMD Radeon RX Vega 7 integrated GPU

I want to to connect to an external monitor with atleast 144hz or 240hz with 1440p or 1080p.

Question 1: Which of the two ports is routed to the discrete Nvidia RTX 2060 GPU?

Question 2: If both are, which one is better?

Question 3: With a display port adapter with the intent to game, can both ports support G-SYNC for a monitor with Free-sync/G-SYNC capabilities.
Thank you so much for your time.😁

Solution
Connect displays to the ports and see what video card shows up on it as the one that is being used. You probably will need to use it in a game.

Since the Type C ports is listed as "G-Sync enabled" and G-Sync is an nVidia technology, that one seems like it runs off the nVidia card.

Same thing for what tech the ports support. If you plug in a Free sync monitor into them it will tell you if it detected a display with that or not.
Connect displays to the ports and see what video card shows up on it as the one that is being used. You probably will need to use it in a game.

Since the Type C ports is listed as "G-Sync enabled" and G-Sync is an nVidia technology, that one seems like it runs off the nVidia card.

Same thing for what tech the ports support. If you plug in a Free sync monitor into them it will tell you if it detected a display with that or not.

Reactions: DonTrePlays
Solution
May 2, 2020
Thanks for replying I guess I'll just have to wait for it to get delivered to my home. I'll reply back for anyone with a similar question once I test it out before they buy it. I'm also curious now though if I can run VR from that USB type C port. I'll look up some vids.

Status
Not open for further replies.