Disney Purchasing Marvel for $4 Billion

Status
Not open for further replies.

taiso

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
disney's 'creative' skills....you mean the creators of hannah montana and high school musical? there goes any hopes for iron man 2 being any good if disney gets involved in the 'creative' process being the new owners of the name and image....

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
"This transaction combines Marvel's strong global brand and world-renowned library of characters ... with Disney's creative skills, unparalleled global portfolio of entertainment properties..."
In other words, expect "X-Men Babies", "Mickey, Donald, Goofey, and Wolverine take on the playground bullies", etc... etc... I always liked Marvel for the edginess of its lineup, Disney is the exact opposite of edgey.

I wonder what this will do to the Marvel-themed rides at Universal Studios theme parks.

griffed88

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
I hate Disney and everything they do. I love Marvel and most things they do. This Disney/Marvel monstrosity is going to be a lose/lose situation for anyone old enough to realize that High School Musical and the Jonas Bros. are shit.

G

As if there weren't enough movie remakes of Marvel classics... Not that Disney does very many originals anyways, it's always remakes of ancient fairy-tale type stories. Film-School ruined Hollywood, rich-kids go to Film-School to learn how to make cookie-cutter movies, everything that comes out is either a remake, or sucks, or both....

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Just when I was going to start reading comics again after years of not touching them (with the exception the The Walking Dead) I can now say its not going to happen at least with Marvel Comics. This will undoubtedly effect the comics because Disney wouldn't want to be tied to heavy violence and controversial story lines. Everything is going to be dumbed down.

pwndcake

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2008
Things I think we can expect:

Dazzler staring Hannah Montana

The New Mutants will finally get a movie

Wolverine will become even more watered down/taller/less grumpy. Possibly even shaving off the sideburns. Also, no cigars

The upside is the possibility of Pixar being allowed to do something with a Marvel property, and the chance to wait in line for X-Men: The Ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.