Display doesnt turn on (often)

AetherS

Estimable
Oct 9, 2015
So, i have Asus x500dp laptop. And since last few days, my display doesnt always turn on when i boot my laptop. I press turn on button. And the system is on, fans, cpu. everything. But display isnt, so i just repeat the process like 10 times until my display comes on. Adn then, there is a chance that after windows logo, when I have to choose user, there is a big chance that the display will turn off again. So i just press turn on/off button again and again (Puting him to sleep, not shuting down) until the display comes on. So, I have no idea what is the problem. So I need your help! :)

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to connect an external monitor into your laptop and see if the same problem will happen on it.
- If the external monitor will display just fine but not on the built in display that means the problem is within the laptop.
- You can try opening the laptop and make sure that the ribbon cables that connects the LCD to the motherboard is seated properly.
- But if the external monitor will also not stay on or will not display anything as well that could be an internal problem with the motherboard.
- Do reseat the RAM's, take them all off for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- Next to try is to use a different AC adapter (charger) that has the same voltage and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- Do also try powering on the laptop without it's battery and just connected directly to its charger.
- If all these will not work the problem would be the motherboard.