Display driver has stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

toepickles

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
Hey guys i have a quick question...
everytime i play a demanding game my CCC stops working and i get this message that says "Your display driver has stopped working". I've monitored me temps and my cards (6770 crossfire config) have never gone above 60c so those are reasonable temps. I have also disabled CrossfireX and it still happens (. PLS RESPOND QUICKLY I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE! **edit I dont want to have to reinstall windows and my video card drivers are up to date 11.11 as of 11/26/11, thanks

Solution
ati drivers are not stable, and beta drivers are highly unstable

this happened to me too on my hd6770

to resolve this i reninstalled the window

you can try to restore window to previous state (when it was working correctly), you can find it in accessories in start menu

or try to uninstall and then renstall drivers
use driver cleaner to clean traces of previous drivers before reinstaling them
and do not use beta drivers

Hawkeye22

Distinguished
I think it's the ATI drivers in general. I run into this issue at least once a month when playing borderlands. At that time, my video freezes for abot 20 seconds, then goes blank for a second or two, then resumes just fine. Later when I check the event log it says the display driver stopped working and has been restarted.

I'm not sure why yours doesn't restart on it own though. It may have something to do with your x-fire setup.

tst3v3ns

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
I have this same issue with a Sapphire 6570 1gb ddr3 card. It happens when I'm playing Minecraft and Skyrim. Never happens with league of legends still very frustrating. I have downloaded my CCC drivers straight from AMD and I'm running 11.12 (the most current as of this post). I have re installed Windows (W7 32bit) and still get the same issue. all my drivers are up to date. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

toepickles

Distinguished
May 24, 2011

Alright I'll be sure to play with that a bit thanks!

truegenius

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
ati drivers are not stable, and beta drivers are highly unstable

this happened to me too on my hd6770

to resolve this i reninstalled the window

you can try to restore window to previous state (when it was working correctly), you can find it in accessories in start menu

or try to uninstall and then renstall drivers
use driver cleaner to clean traces of previous drivers before reinstaling them
and do not use beta drivers

Solution

toepickles

Distinguished
May 24, 2011

alright thanks a lot maybe i will switch companies try out Nvidia again

Status
Not open for further replies.