Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2018
To preface this, the laptop I'm talking about is an HP 4730s with an i7-2670QM and an AMD Radeon 7400M dGPU.

I recently booted up my 8 year old laptop and decided to try and breathe some new life into it. While using it I noticed that there were some issues with how it was displaying things so I decided to wipe my AMD drivers. I used the AMD auto detect utility to reinstall the drivers. I go to screen resolution to try and return it back to a higher resolution (originally, 1600X900 turned 800X600 when I wiper the drivers). However, when I checked the screen resolution settings it only allows me to go up to 1024X768. How do I return my screen resolution back to it's original state?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
When you go into "Control Panel" and remove the driver, on the same screen, you should have the option to install the driver and let Windows search for it for you.
Dec 6, 2018

Sorry, I'm not too familiar on letting Windows search for drivers on its own. How do I do this? I also forgot to mention that the laptop is still running on Windows 7.

Dec 6, 2018

When I try to do it, it just says that I have the latest driver installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.