District Judge Faked Illness to Play MW2

Status
Not open for further replies.

fortmccubble

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
I want that to be what they said when they had to dismiss the court. "Sorry guys, The Judge is cracked out on Bawls playing MW2. See yeah in a month!"

scorc25

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]I'm 40 and gaming is still going strong since i spend thousands every couple of years upgrading to the latest stuff. Ive been gaming since the Pong days in the 70s so yeh its a passion and always will be. My setup would rival anyones.[/citation]

oo let the competition begin folks...

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]Pei-chen[/nom]I don't see anything wrong with what this judge did. Would you prefer him to come in and rule on cases while half asleep?[/citation]

Same. Maybe I'd just take a morning off but either way, with a job like his, it's safer to just stay home if you feel like you're not fit for work.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]Pei-chen[/nom]I don't see anything wrong with what this judge did. Would you prefer him to come in and rule on cases while half asleep?[/citation]

Half asleep would still be better than the condition I've seen some judges rule in....ever seen a judge making rulings while incompetent? I have....and even been the victim of it.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Same. Maybe I'd just take a morning off but either way, with a job like his, it's safer to just stay home if you feel like you're not fit for work.[/citation]
Yeah, I agree. I don't think this is really news-worthy (other than the fact that it proves gamers DO have real lives). If he had insomnia and was up all night, or if he was out drinking late and felt like crap the next day, or if he just woke up and felt like he couldn't deal with work that day (god knows I've been there before), what difference does it make? That's what PTO is for.

rippleyhakd

Distinguished
May 24, 2008
Does it really matter.. he took like a SICK DAY, Calling in Sick is LEGAL.. being a judge doesnt make him immune to getting sick. If he played games all night, or got into an orgy, his actions are his actions.. HOW IS THIS NEWS WORTHY>

liquid0h

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
Most public office officials get so many sick days a year. He used his like anyone else. Can you honestly say you haven't used a sick day when you weren't sick?

G

How do they know that he played the game was the reason of his absence?
They don't tell!

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]sykozis[/nom]Half asleep would still be better than the condition I've seen some judges rule in....ever seen a judge making rulings while incompetent? I have....and even been the victim of it.[/citation]
Doesn't that apply to most judges?
[citation][nom]rippleyhakd[/nom]Does it really matter.. he took like a SICK DAY, Calling in Sick is LEGAL.. being a judge doesnt make him immune to getting sick. If he played games all night, or got into an orgy, his actions are his actions.. HOW IS THIS NEWS WORTHY>[/citation]
If I was in court and the judge took the day off for a orgy with a pair of hot lesbians, I think I'd let it slide. =D

Games decent, but still... some people do need help.

G

Why do these stories keep mentioning Everquest? Why not mention Sonic and Tomb Raider while they are at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS