Do headphones exist that isolate noise but don't cancel noise? (Read Description)

Bryce Demar

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013
I record videos for YouTube and have been considering upgrading my headphones. Due to me recording I need to be able to hear my own voice but I also dont want noise from my game to be picked up by my mic. Do any headphones exist that dont have any external sound isolation but still prevent audio from my headphones leaking?

I have heard of some headphones having mics that play back through your headphones with next to zero delay but dont know how to find them. Any recommendations would be appreciated $400 is my maximum budget here (but $250 is my actual budget.).

+Is Bose just beats with a more low key design or are they actualy up there when it comes to quality sound hardware?

Solution
You can just go into your PC options and make your mic playback with any headset. Just right click on the volume icon, go to recording devices. Right click the microphone you use and select options and tick the "playback" option that lets you hear the mic with almost no delay. As for audio leak to your microphone, just set the sensitivity lower and speak a little more loudly. Then amplify the volume on the video itself if it's not loud enough.

robax91

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
You can just go into your PC options and make your mic playback with any headset. Just right click on the volume icon, go to recording devices. Right click the microphone you use and select options and tick the "playback" option that lets you hear the mic with almost no delay. As for audio leak to your microphone, just set the sensitivity lower and speak a little more loudly. Then amplify the volume on the video itself if it's not loud enough.

Solution