CraigDMA

Commendable
May 10, 2016
I got this message twice now from my ISP: Cox has identified that one or more of the computers in your home may be infected with the Alureon / TDSS Virus.

It's a legit email but I'm wondering how they think I have this virus? I use a VPN sometimes and I'm thinking that it's what they might see and think it is a virus. Maybe I'm wrong and I do have it? but I've ran multiple scans with The Microsoft Safety Scanner and malwarebytes full scan with rootkits. I do have some cracking programs that show up on the scans but I know they're good.

I don't know much about these viruses but I'm not really seeing any issues with my pc, I've had slowdowns on my pc twice now and running a chkdsk /f scan fixes it. I thought it was a hardware issue but maybe they're related?
Any info/help is appreciated

CraigDMA

Commendable
May 10, 2016
I'm starting to think it's this laptop I was working on, I installed a new Win7 OS but it does seem like it has a virus with changing the IE tabs etc and not letting windows update. I didn't put two and two together cause it's a old laptop and I chalked it up to performance issues. I'll run a scan tonight