Do I need a headphone amp with Audio-Technica ATH-AD900X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones?

myaccount1234

Estimable
Sep 12, 2015
I have them a few mouths now and using with my desktop PC and my PS4 with a Ear Force DSS Dolby® surround sound processor. Now with my PC should I buy a desktop headphones amp as I listen to lots of flacs and I see people say buy a headphone amp. Is it needed.

Solution
Unlikely.
You only need an amplifier if you attach the headphones and the sound is too low.

It sounds like maybe what is being suggested is an EXTERNAL DAC which takes the digital sound outside the computer, then converts that into an analog signal for your headphones (the reason to do this is to avoid noise contamination from inside the computer).
Unlikely.
You only need an amplifier if you attach the headphones and the sound is too low.

It sounds like maybe what is being suggested is an EXTERNAL DAC which takes the digital sound outside the computer, then converts that into an analog signal for your headphones (the reason to do this is to avoid noise contamination from inside the computer).

Solution

myaccount1234

Estimable
Sep 12, 2015

I good thing I don't hare noise sound with this computer.